Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Chirping With My Students! So Fun Sharing Caldecott Books With 1st Graders!!


Today my 1st graders began an iMovie project about this year's Caldecott Award winning books. I wanted each of my first graders to have an image of the medal and each book on their iPad. This seemed like the perfect opportunity to try out the Chirp App to share the images with them! It was great fun!!

For those who haven't tried Chirp, it is a free iPhone/iPod App that lets users share links, images and notes by "chirping" them at one another. Anyone (within listening distrance) with the Chirp App open will receive the sent information. I used Chirp to share the images with my students. It was a little crazy, but very successful and a great deal of fun!

There are many potential uses for Chirp.  Students can share with each other and with me!! I look forward to finding more uses for this simple, yet fun sharing app!!